I love a good challenge, but sometimes I need a meal that’s super easy without a lot of fuss. Sometimes I have time for fuss. Often I don’t.
So without further ado, I introduce an easy salmon recipe! This bad boy can be whipped up on a weeknight in 15 minutes!
Soy Ginger Salmon
Serves 1. Total time: 10-15 minutes
- 3-4 oz. salmon filet
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- olive oil
- Brush salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Chop up the onion.
- Toss the salmon and onions into the oven at 400 for 10 minutes. OR, put a little oil in a pan and sear it, then toss in the oven with the onions for as long as it takes to finish it up. Whichever you prefer – this is your salmon after all.
- While the salmon is cooking, chop up the peppers and broccoli. Saute with the green beans.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar/honey, soy sauce, and ginger.
- 2 minutes before the salmon is done, drizzle salmon and onions with sauce. If you’ve got it in a pan that will retain the sauce, use it all. If you don’t, brush the salmon and onions and retain half the sauce.
- Place veggies on plate, top with salmon, drizzle with remaining sauce.
Voila! Easy, delicious salmon!
You can serve this with a roll, or mix in some rice with those veggies. If you’d like more sauce, double the sauce ingredients. Also, you can saute the veggies in soy sauce if you’d like more flavor to them. Enjoy!